“My business coach told me I should be using xxxxxx [Mailchimp, Mailerlite, Active Campaign, Convertkit, Flodesk, Kajabi, Thinkific, Teachable, Kartra – to name a few] and I need help setting it up.”
This is how I start working with a lot of my clients.
They’ve been recommended to use a specific platform that someone else is using.
Recommendations are always great, however, something to consider is that not everyone has the same business model. What works well for one business, won’t necessarily work for another.
Added to this, we all have different budgets, number of contacts and subscribers, different ways of working, different systems… You may also find that the person recommending the system had someone else set it up for them and has other systems working in the background such as Zapier or Thrive.
So when considering a new system, think about the following things to find the right platform for you:
- What functionality and features do you need or would like to be using for your business?
- How many subscribers/contacts/members will you be importing or hoping to sign up?
- What systems are you going to want or need to be integrated into the platform? Eg if you are setting up a membership site, do you want it to be connected to your email marketing platform and will it integrate with your payment system such as Stripe, Paypal or GoCardless?
- Is it going to be user friendly and easy to use for your target audience?
- What other systems may you need to sign up for? A lot of systems don’t integrate directly and need things like Zapier to act as a go between. Depending on how many zaps and how many steps in those zaps, you may need to upgrade to the premium version of Zapier.
- Above all else, what is your budget. There is no point signing up for a big flashy system that you can’t afford the monthly subscription for.
If you are starting out building a course or membership site, remember that even if you start off small to get the platform out there, once you are seeing a return on your investment and it’s growing nicely, you can move the memberships and courses across to a new platform in the future.
How I can help
I don’t believe in a one size fits all approach. Where I use a number of different platforms, I can work with you to find the right platform. We can map out your sales funnel, looking at what features you are going to need and how everything is going to work together. I will then make suggestions on what platforms I think would fit you, your needs and your budget.
After that, I can work with you to build your funnel and start growing your business.